Thursday, January 27, 2011
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
- folding wash clothes, microfiber towels, bibs, etc. . .
- getting the mail
- sweeping or vacuuming the floors
- unloading the dishes
- making deliveries around the neighborhood.
- etc. . .
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 8:13 AM
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Dude!! You CAN have the scriptures show up in your blog reader. Check it out here: http://ldssd.org/.
Thanks for letting me know!
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 3:19 PM
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Mentally, I was going over my to do list while getting lunch ready and thought:
I haven't read my scriptures yet. I should do that during lunch, but I was gonna check Google Reader & Facebook like usual. Hmmm? Wouldn't it be great if the Book of Mormon were a blog? I would totally read it! Ooh, or a Facebook update? Nephi just arrived in the Promised Land. Boy, the journey over was rough!
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 12:33 PM
Friday, January 21, 2011
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Kai asked me to help him dig through the lost and found for all of his winter gear before it gets sent to DI tomorrow. Here's what we found:
- Two scarves
- One knitted cap
- One faux fur trimmed coat
- One Red Jacket
- lunch box
- any gloves, several pairs have gone to school
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Monday, January 17, 2011
- rollin' about . . . his first mode of transportation
- army crawling
- rocking back and forth then flopping forward
- an occasional on the knees crawling
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Kai performed with his Polynesian Dance group at Pirate Island.
No, the kids did not wear pirate costumes while performing.
Although that would have been hilarious.
Kai lost his lavalava during one of the dances in which he was the only boy, but he stayed on stage and kept dancing with a big smile on his face.
- I haven't figured out how to scan things on my new printer/scanner/copy machine (that we got because we thought our old combo was broken but really it just had a small toy stuck in it.)
- My laptop is processing slower than snot, so Jake is going to do his computer mumbo jumbo and make it all better.
- I'm having a hard time getting the video from the other day working properly. Sorry.
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 2:10 PM
Monday, January 10, 2011
My family has given me the title "Wasatch Molly Mormon". I'm not quite sure how being a Wasatch Molly is different from the typical Molly. But . . . here's my badge, I wear it with pride!
- homemade laundry detergent.
- bread from scratch on a weekly basis
- homemade granola bars
- a new cleaning system for me
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Here's what's written on my white board.
This is the kind of quality stuff you get when I try to post daily. ;)
Q: What does a rabbi secure his Sabbath day foot wear with?
A: Shul Laces.
My honey is pretty funny!
Wouldn't it be funny if I had a laser on my butt, so I can go Tsssst. ~Coby This kid cracks me up.
Popcorn in a big steel bowl recipe-
6 T. oil
1 C. popcorn kernels
3/4 t. salt
Pizza test recipe-
1 tsp yeast
1/2 c warm water
~1 c flour-bread
Kai .25+.10 Money he has earned doing extra chores
What's written on your white board?
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Today, on our way home from dropping Coby off at a birthday party, Kai was telling me about things he remembers:
- I went into your room and took some money then hid it in a secret compartment in my hat. I did have a hat with a secret compartment right?
- I hid a can of Coke on the porch and you didn't notice.
- I used to play with a blue gun, a red gun and an orange gun. (Jake's nerf guns )
- I used to jump off the couch shouting "Portugal".
Friday, January 7, 2011
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 5:05 PM
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
My mom is a feisty lady. Before I got to the hospital,
- she cheeked her pills, then spit them into a napkin, so her pills are crushed into pudding for her to eat.
- she tried to get out of bed, probably to go home, so they restrained her with a lap belt.
- she pulled off her sat monitor from her finger, so they put it on her toe.
- she hissed at everyone doing anything to her.
- she took the compression cuffs off her legs.
When my mom was admitted to the hospital, she was put on an insulin drip. Her blood sugar level was sky high (720). It dropped enough that the nurse removed her from the drip and gave her shots.
As I visited with her on Monday, the first thing I noticed: the right side of her face was droopy. Pretty clear she had a stroke.
Monday, January 3, 2011
My mom collapsed and was unresponsive.
An ambulance took her to the hospital.
She's stable. I'm heading out to Vegas.
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 12:01 AM
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 5:15 PM