Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Friday, December 7, 2012
Preparing for the science fair has been a bit stressful, but now it's done. Hooray!!
- Drop 2 Mentos into each bottle of soda (diet Cola, diet Dr. Thunder, Cola, Diet Twist Up, Twist Up, Dr. Thunder, Root Beer, Ginger Ale, Mountain Lightning).
- Record and measure height of explosion.
|What a wimpy little fountain!|
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 2:34 PM
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 10:24 AM
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
|Owning the road|
|All that ridin' wore him out|
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 10:10 PM
Because he is already President and knows what to do.
C: Romney. Actually, I marked Romney, but I meant to vote for Obama. I thought I was supposed to mark out the one I didn't want.
Because he cares about the country and the nation, and he's fair.
Jake went first thing this morning to vote. He waited for over an hour. I would have gone immediately after dinner, however there was projectile vomit to clean up. I didn't leave the house til 7:35 p.m., but I was back home by 7:50.
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 9:21 PM
Thursday, November 1, 2012
|Little Girl & her Teddy bear|
| Three Ducks and Clifford, the big red dog.|
Coby won Best Baby Costume at our Ward party.
|Batman & Robin with Poison Ivy|
Jake was supposed to be Scarecrow
|Kai as a Cat with his Joy School Friends|
I honestly can't remember what Coby was or if I even dressed up.
|Kai: Wizard & Coby: Cat|
I guess I was a girl again. Oh, right! I was Shell Bell
|A Witch with three Cats|
|Percy Jackson theme|
We'll pretend Jake was Poseidon
|I was going to use my green dress to go as an elf, but time got away from me.|
|Mr. Popper's Penguins, The Spider & Little Miss Muffett, and Shaggy & Creepy Eye Portrait|
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 11:18 AM
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
|Two of Mr. Popper's Penguins: Captain Cook & Stinky|
|The Spider & Little Miss Muffet|
|Norbert "Shaggy" Rogers and a portrait with the villan's eyes watching|
|Kai at the Trunk or Treat|
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 5:54 PM
Saturday, October 20, 2012
|Betsy van Mini|
With her addition to the household, we have become a part of the mini van masses.
At least, she has cool features that our family minivan did not have when I was a youth.
- two sliding doors, not just one, and they open with a press of a button.
- roll-down windows in the sliding doors. The boys were not impressed, like I was. They don't remember what it was like to try and get air to circulate through those pop latch windows.
- seats that stow flat into the floor.
- multi-zone climate control. Jake likes to be cooler than I do. On our way to California for Christmas, I'm usually huddling under a blankie to stay warm. Unless, I'm driving. Now, we can both be comfortable.
- radio controls on the steering wheel.
- limo lights
- DVD player holders
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 3:52 PM
Friday, October 19, 2012
Today's 5th grade curriculum enrichment activity was learning English Tea Etiquette.
- Tea (apple juice), scones (we had both American & English) and chocolate chip muffins.
- Savory course: ham & cheese, peanut butter & jelly, and cucumber sandwiches
- Sweet treats course: chocolate and lemon meringue drops.
Finally, the Tea Time Games
- Tea Time Word Scramble - unscramble words related to tea time.
- Stacking Sugar Cubes - how many sugar cubes can you stack in 10 seconds.
- Guess the tea - smell a tea bag, what flavor is it.
Thursday, October 18, 2012
But all those extra seats were her greatest asset, even after we filled two of them. She has been the workhorse of the family, getting all of us to where we need to go to enjoy time together as a family.
- comfy and roomy trips to Las Vegas and Napa
- carpooling to and from school, and fun, local places like Thanksgiving Point.
- hauling furniture
|Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters in Omaha, NE|
|Liberty Jail in Liberty, MO|
|Superhero Museum in Indianapolis, IN|
This is the only good picture, because we accidentally used the flash.
- feeling like Queen of the Road, sitting high up on my throne, surveying the path before me with ease.
- the power and dominance.
- her gentle roar as she pulled up to the house, & knowing my family is back from an outing.
- our recognizability.
Posted by Michelle Walkenhorst at 9:42 PM